This week, readers let us know how they feel about Hudson Yards, the new mega development on Manhattan's far West Side that recently held a splashy grand opening. Some used language like "brazen" and "obscene" to describe the luxury retail and apartment complex built by developers who received a $6 billion tax break. A few pointed out that it was a welcome addition to a formerly bleak part of the city. Also getting attention was Brick Underground's newly revived neighborhood vs. neighborhood series and an article on how to figure out where in the city to live.
Here, in full, are the week's top stories.
1) Critics sound off on Hudson Yards: 'A gated community for the 0.1 percent'
2) Report: Concessions drop for the second straight month as NYC renters lose their edge
3) Washington Heights vs. Inwood: Which neighborhood is for you?
4) 15 things real New Yorkers look for in a new neighborhood
5) Tribeca vs. Battery Park City: Which neighborhood is for you?