Like a lot of other people in the city, we're ducking out of the office a little early today ahead of the holiday weekend. We'll be off on Monday, then back first thing Tuesday morning for our annual Best of Brick week, revisiting our favorite stories of 2016 before the year (finally) comes to a close. If you're jonesing for a little holiday-related reading in the meantime, we've got you covered:
- For stragglers, it's not too late to do your holiday tipping: Here's our comprehensive guide on the subject; a history of why New Yorkers started tipping in the first place; and interviews with actual doormen to get their take on the whole thing.
- For Christmas movie buffs, we took a close look at the NYC homes featured in three classics: Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, and Home Alone 2.
- We might look grumpy, but there are a lot of things New Yorkers secretly love about the holiday season in the city.
- If you're down to the wire, some last-minute gift ideas for every person on your list.
- Tips on avoiding common holiday-related home hazards.
- And for anyone frying up some latkes this weekend, here's how to keep the oil from smelling up your whole apartment.
Have a safe, fun holiday, and we'll see you back here next week!