In Case You Missed It: Every so often, BrickUnderground digs through the archives to find the best advice our experts have shared through the years.
Believe it or not, spring is just over two weeks away (hooray!) and with the warmer temperatures, of course, comes the heating up of the real estate market. If you're planning on selling, brush up on some of the best advice from our first-ever "Sellers Week," a week's worth of coverage devoted to all things sales-related, which ran in February.
- Map out every step in the timeline of a sale
- Learn what goes into a broker's exclusive contract, as well as what shouldn't be in there
- Read up on "co-broking," an industry term for your broker working with buyer's agents to get you the best price possible
- Set the right price (which, perhaps, should include the number 9)
- Find out what listing buzzwords will sell your apartment fast (hint: terms like "exposed brick" may help)
- Show your apartment or brownstone, even if you're renting it out
- Remember that sometimes the highest offer isn't always the best (especially in a co-op)
- Calculate your capital gains taxes