This week, readers visited Brick Underground for our annual Holiday Tipping Guide, which has been updated for 2019. Whether you rent or own, live in a doorman or non-doorman building, we have you covered. Be sure to participate in our Annual Tipping Poll as well—and check out how your fellow New Yorkers are tipping this year.
Also of interest: What if your landlord won't release your security deposit because you put up an illegal wall.
Here, in full, are this week's top stories.
1) Holiday Tipping Guide: How much to tip your doorman, super, porter, and more
2) Can my landlord keep our security deposit because we put up an illegal wall?
3) How New Yorkers can take advantage of the city's oversupply of luxury condos
4) How to make your co-op or condo application package rejection-proof
5) Here are the NYC apartments for sale with the deepest price chops in November
And from this week's sponsors:
Ask Sam: How do I succeed a relative in a rent-stabilized apartment? [sponsored]