This week, readers visited Brick Underground for bathroom renovation ideas that will upgrade your life and your apartment's resale value. Adding features like radiant-heat flooring and heated towel bars can reduce your energy bill while also making it more appealing to buyers when it's time to sell your apartment. Other hacks: extra-large mirrored medicine cabinets and LED lighting.
Also of interest: Questions that you should ask your partner before you move in together. NYC's real estate market tends to accelerate relationships to live-in status before couples really get to know each other. Discussing in advance your day-to-day sleeping habits, budgets, long-range relationship goals, and even what would happen with your place if you break-up—can save you a lot of aggravation down the road.
Here, in full, are this week's top stories.
1) Holiday Tipping Guide: How much to tip your doorman, super, porter, and more
2) Best Manhattan neighborhoods for a pied-à-terre if you're a frequent business visitor, empty nester, or international buyer
3) 8 NYC bathroom renovations that will improve your life—and your apartment's resale value
4) How New Yorkers can take advantage of the city's oversupply of luxury condos
5) 8 questions to ask before you move in with your boyfriend or girlfriend in NYC
And from this week's sponsors:
Ask Sam: Our gas was shut off. How can we get it back on—and get a discount on our rent? [sponsored]
7 questions to ask before buying a penthouse [sponsored]
A guide to New York transfer taxes, mansion taxes, and flip taxes [sponsored]