Alexander Shapovalov/Getty Images
This week readers turned to Brick Underground for information on a possible gas stove ban. A national ban on gas appliances in new buildings by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission would be consistent with a move by New York City to phase out gas appliances in new buildings in favor of electric stoves.
Also of interest: An affordable housing lottery in Clinton Hill with an application deadline at the end of the month, as well as sales market data for Manhattan showing the median sales price slipped in December for the first time since the pandemic began.
Here are this week's top five posts:
1) Will I have to give up my gas stove for cooking?
2) A housing lottery opens for 15 apartments in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn
3) Median sales price for Manhattan apartments slipped for the first time since the pandemic began
4) Why we moved to NYC from New Hampshire: Our kids were grown and we wanted to return to our old neighborhood
5) What to know about buying in Rosedale, Queens, where the properties are suburban but the taxes are not