Sometime in the few days before your scheduling closing date, you will do a final walkthrough of your future home with your agent and the listing agent.
If you’re buying a resale, you should confirm that:
- Nothing has changed since you last saw the property, including potential damage from movers
- Any inclusions in the contract (such as window treatments and light fixtures that the seller agreed to leave behind) are actually there
- Any agreed upon repairs have been made
- Appliances are in working order
- All of the electrical outlets work (bring something to plug into each)
- Toilets and faucets (hot and cold) work
If you’re buying new construction, you’re also checking to see that punch list items have been completed satisfactorily.