In New York, Earth Day comes early. While the official international Earth Day is on Wednesday, this Sunday is Earth Day New York. So Union Square will be particularly bananas (but fun, too!), in honor of the 25th anniversary of this NYC-centric event.
There will be lots of Earth-loving people, activities and entertainment for kids, live music and entertainment for adults and exhibitions on green travel, green vehicles, the sharing economy and more, from 12-7 p.m. (For more information, contact 212-922-0048 or [email protected].)
You can also mark Earth Day on Wednesday by throwing on some sneakers and taking part in the Earth Day 5K Walk & Green Tour, which benefits Earth Day New York's year-round initiatives.
If all this Earth Day fun is getting you in the mood to be more green (and you want your building to get on board too), take a look at some of BrickUnderground's top posts that focus on sustainability and green living:
- Save your building energy and money: Here's the drill on geothermal wells
- Inside Brighton Beach's eco-friendly condo, Bright 'N Green
- Save your building time and money by upping your recycling game
- Solar panels on your building? New York is now offering some serious tax breaks
- Compost 101: All the dirt New Yorkers need for "organics collection"
- 5 tips for solving the top composting quandries
- New year, new rules for ditching old electronics in NYC
- Xanax-free recycling