Share this Article
This gut-renovated duplex at 1444 Pacific Street in Crown Heights screams roommate apartment to us—it's got four full bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms and is guarantor-friendly—and at $3,100, it's a rare chance to live in Brooklyn for less than $800 a month.
The apartment has been on the market for almost three weeks, but the price dropped by $400 last week, and is now on par with the average price for four-bedroom rentals in the area, according to StreetEasy.
It's on the first floor of a four-story building, and from pictures it seems as though at least one floor is above ground level.
It appears as though the whole building is in the process of being renovated (see the ladder pic below) and nine of its dozen or so apartments are currently on the market (all without a broker's fee—hooray!). The downside, of course, is that everyone's likely to be moving in around the same time, and you may have to wait for things to get fixed, especially since the super seems to live off-site.
Looks like the finishing touches are still being put on.
The apartment—like any budget-friendly pad in NYC—has its pros and cons. Among them:
- New kitchen with stainless steel appliances, including dishwasher and microwave
- Shared outdoor space (though considering that it looks more like a patch of concrete and dirt, it's likely not quite the outdoor oasis you were hoping for)
- Hardwood floors
- Washer and dryer in the building
- Central air
- Building has a virtual doorman
- Pets are allowed
- Guarantors accepted
- At least part of the apartment is at or below ground level, it seems. Translation: no windows for some of the rooms
- Closets seem to be almost non-existent, according to the photos
A view of the shared outdoor space. Not exactly perfect, but hey, in New York City we take what we can get.