Six New Yorkers share their dream apartment overhauls:
- Floorplan fix I would love to redo the layout of my apartment. I would actually reduce the size of the kitchen by half and use the second half for a new bathroom. Right now my kitchen is this odd, long shape that isn't really the best use of space. -Marni, Inwood
- Debt ceiling I would love to have all the detailing in my pre-war apartment restored. The ceiling has beautiful details that deserve to be admired! Alas, this project is completly cost-prohibitive and I don’t see myself ever accomplishing this task! -Carol, Upper West Side
- Make an entrance I'd love to have a proper entryway. A space for coming in and taking off your coat and shoes. With closets for storage. -Annaliese, Harlem
- In a glaze I'd like triple glazed windows for sure! To keep out the noise and the draft. -Sean, Gramercy
- Beat the heat I'd replace my entire building's heating system from a loud, hissing, uncontrollable mess to a quiet, modestly sized radiator that allows me to determine how much heat I want. -Andrea, Queens
- Snow cover I’d have a garage to keep my car free from all this snow! Everyday I find my car buried in either fresh snow or snow the plows "cleared away." It's messing up my daily life. If I liked shoveling snow I would have stayed in the suburbs of New Jersey. - Kenny, Harlem
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.