This week readers checked out Brick Underground for advice on holiday tips for building staff. Our annual tipping guide, updated each year, aims to take the mystery out of this process for you.
Also of interest: More tipping stories! A veteran doorman gives us the inside story on tipping (cash, please). And we bring back a tale of a New Yorker who merrily disbursed large tips one year, only to find out she had made a very big mistake.
Here are this week's top five posts:
1) Holiday Tipping Guide: How much to tip your doorman, super, porter, and other staff
2) I’ve been a NYC doorman for 22 years. This is what I think about holiday tipping
3) I found an envelope of cash and bumped up my building’s holiday tips
4) The 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage isn’t your only option. Here are 4 other types of loans to consider
5) How much does moving to the suburbs cost vs. staying in NYC?
From our sponsors:
Ask Sam: I checked my apartment's rent history and I think it was illegally de-stabilized. What do I do?