This week, readers visited Brick Underground to check out our annual Holiday Tipping Guide. This year is different because of the pandemic, and your building's staff has likely been working harder over the last few months. Here's our advice on how to tip accordingly.
Also of interest: A former Connecticut resident shares how he took advantage of Manhattan's current rental market to relocate to the city and get everything on his apartment wishlist.
Here, in full, are this week's most popular posts.
1) Holiday Tipping Guide: How much to tip your doorman, super, porter, and other staff
2) I seized the opportunity to rent in Manhattan and get everything I wanted
3) At least one in five Manhattan rental apartments may be vacant
4) The Brick Underground Podcast: NYC real estate by the numbers
5) Want to switch from fossil fuel to geothermal to heat your house? Here's what it will cost
And from this week's sponsors:
Ask Sam: I signed a lease with a concession, but when I renewed, my rent jumped by several hundred dollars. Can I fight this? [sponsored]