Share this Article
Just when you thought NYC doormen had lost the art of secret-keeping in the Internet age (see the Twittering doorman & BrickUnderground's anonymous doorman), it turns out there are still a few things that your doorman won't divulge ... at least, not to you.
According to our sources at the door and those who manage them, here are the five things you can count on your doorman to stay mum about:
- He pockets $75 -$150 for referring you to the locksmith and $10 for sending you to the drycleaners down the block
- Your significant other is having an affair
- You tip enough or too much
- Your 15-year-old orders beer from the corner deli
- He is sleeping with your housekeeper. In your apartment.
A Doorman Speaks: The staff is talking about...you