Just when you thought NYC doormen had lost the art of secret-keeping in the Internet age (see the Twittering doorman & BrickUnderground's anonymous doorman), it turns out there are still a few things that your doorman won't divulge ... at least, not to you.
According to our sources at the door and those who manage them, here are the five things you can count on your doorman to stay mum about:
- He pockets $75 -$150 for referring you to the locksmith and $10 for sending you to the drycleaners down the block
- Your significant other is having an affair
- You tip enough or too much
- Your 15-year-old orders beer from the corner deli
- He is sleeping with your housekeeper. In your apartment.
A Doorman Speaks: The staff is talking about...you
A Doorman Speaks: The care and feeding of a board member
A Doorman Speaks: Yes, Virginia, we keep lists too
Stiffed again! Doorman blasts bad tippers
Doorman to resident: Your tip blows
Another doorman spills it online
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.