What landlords are responsible for, a veteran's tale of winning the housing lottery, & more
This week, readers were interested in a story about what renters should expect landlords to install in their apartments, and what they shouldn't, as well as the story of a Bronx-born U.S. Navy veteran who scored a low-cost studio through the city's affordable housing lottery, which gives priority to veterans.
Here, in full, are the top five most popular stories of the last week:
1) 10 things NYC landlords are required to provide, and 10 they’re not that might surprise you
2) How I won a $444 per month UWS studio in New York City's affordable housing lottery
3) Ask Sam: What constitutes an illegal use of an apartment? (sponsored)
4) What you need to know about apartments that have Murphy beds to save space
5) Introducing 1425 Hudson: Spacious homes for modern living on Hoboken’s waterfront (sponsored)