This week, readers visited Brick Underground for a roundup of the best websites to buy gently used designer furniture. Brick Underground shopped AptDeco, Chairish, 1st Dibs, Kaiyo, Esty, and even Craigslist for a coveted piece: a Herman Miller Eames lounge chair and ottoman. Check out the deals we found.
Also of interest: A rundown of the questions you should ask when choosing a cable and Internet provider. From pricing, packages and bundles to free perks like integrated Netflix and unlimited DVR storage, there's a lot to consider when you're equipping your apartment with cable and Internet.
Here, in full, are the week's top stories.
1) Co-op buyers can no longer put maintenance fees in escrow as a result of new rent laws
2) The best online sites to buy gently used designer furniture when you live in NYC
3) Spectrum. RCN, or Fios? How to choose the right NYC cable and Internet provider
4) Buying a NYC brownstone? Here are 10 things to consider
5) I went to an open house and was told there was already an offer. What gives?
And from this week's sponsors:
Here's how much it costs to gut renovate a 1,000-square-foot Upper West Side co-op [sponsored]
Ask Sam: What is a reduction of services complaint, and when should tenants file one? [sponsored]
Westchester vs. Connecticut property taxes: What you need to know before buying a home in the suburbs [sponsored]