For our final look back over the year, BrickUnderground has rounded up our favorite posts about Vertical Living. Want to know the best time to do laundry? The things your doorman will never tell you? The 8 renovation decisions you'll regret? What it's like to rotate apartments with your ex-husband or be a slave to your Polish housekeeper? Read on....
- My illegal washing machine
- How to spy on your dog walker
- I was a slave to my Polish housekeeper
- New clues on spread of bed bugs through apartment buildings
- Is your apartment making you sick? Top 3 places to look for mold
- How to bed bug proof your NYC apartment
- Expediters: A profession built on a kafa-esque nightmare
- BrickUnderground’s Noisy Sexy Neighbor Survey Results
- 5 things your doorman will never tell you
- I share two apartments with my ex-
- Sharing a building with your ex-, for the kids
- Can you get bed bugs or lice from the laundry room?
- Is your doorman Googling you?
- Hidden costs of a NYC renovation
- “We understand there is a strong, herbal odor on this floor”
- Rules for entertaining in the bed bug era
- How to concierge your doorman
- 8 renovation decisions you’ll regret
- I lost my job but found the best time to do laundry
- 5 things about my super, Rambo
- Is it lame to be the Foursquare Mayor of your apartment?
- Why it doesn’t completely suck to live on the ground floor
- If you think your trash is private, think again
- A Doorman Speaks: Why renters fly second class
- Do you smell like your apartment?
- Is central air necessary in a high-end renovation?
- My nine year leak
- The creepshow inside your trash chute & why you should care
- Garbage disposals: The holy grail of Manhattan kitchens
Best of Brick 2010: Buying & Selling
Ms. Demeanor's Sex, Laundry and Vertical Etiquette
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.