Share this Article
Machiavelli never lived in a New York City apartment building, but his spirit lives on in today's short-list of reasons to make nice to your neighbors:
- They know about your secret garbage disposal or washer/dryer
- You smoke pot at home
- They have a terrace and a barbecue
- You’re having an affair with the FedEx man
- They have a gun collection and “Never Think Twice” neck tattoo
- Your Labradoodle barks constantly
- Their kid goes to the school you want your kid to get into
- They throw good parties
- You throw crazy parties
- They know where you live.
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.