This week, readers visited Brick Underground to read about the pros and cons of buying a penthouse in New York City. While most New Yorkers consider the penthouse the ultimate status symbol—you get panoramic views and nobody living above you—there are some downsides as well that are worth paying attention to.
Also of interest: A round-up of the wide range of modern wall beds on the market that New Yorkers can use in all sorts of apartments, not just studios. Most are multifunctional and transform into other types of furniture, like cabinets, tables, and desks. We looked at an assortment to fit a range of budgets.
Here, in full, are the week's top stories.
1) Can I install a washer/dryer in my NYC apartment?
2) Shopping for a Murphy bed? The best wall beds for NYers, from budget to high end
3) Are postwar buildings from the 1950s and '60s constructed better than ones built later?
4) The pros and cons of buying a penthouse apartment
5) What to know if you are buying an estate sale apartment or building in NYC
And from this week's sponsors:
Ask Sam: When can tenants legally withhold their rent? [sponsored]