This week readers headed over to Brick Underground to make sense of news about a ban on gas stoves. Numerous studies show gas stoves create harmful indoor pollutants, but to be clear, the proposals at the state and federal level and rules already in place in New York City impact new buildings under construction. If you have a gas stove, no one is coming for it unless you want to swap it out.
Also of interest: We talked to architects about the most requested renovation projects to get a sense of the biggest design trends for the new year.
Here are this week's top five posts:
1) Will I have to give up my gas stove for cooking?
2) Here are 5 design trends for NYC apartment and townhouse renovations that will be big in 2023
3) Rents in NYC dip slightly but are still near record highs
4) How the 'real estate whisperer' won a 30-way bidding war and landed his dream house
5) When you're buying a NYC co-op, is it risky to skip the home inspection?