In case your office's bleary-eyed intern hasn't already informed you, today's 4/20, the closest thing pot-smoking has to a dedicated national holiday. And whether you've taken the entire day off to order Domino's and play Xbox, have plans to cruise St. Marks for a new skull-shaped bong after work, or are just bracing for your building's hallways to smell a little worse than usual, we've pulled our favorite weed-related stories from the archives for your enjoyment:
- Why it's crucial to ask a potential roommate about their pot policy, among other things.
- Lots of people on Craigslist are looking for "chill, 420-friendly" roommates
- Why potheads make way better neighbors than regular smokers.
- But if you are bothered by the smoke coming from the apartment next door? Buy your neighbor a vaporizer
- The vaporizer technique didn't work? Here are other ways to handle a neighbor who's (drug) habits are driving you insane
- Yes, your doorman knows who your dealer is (and when you're ordering munchies-induced Seamless)
- A co-op's resident stoner makes the case that he's the ideal New York neighbor
- What it's like to live next door to a co-op board president who's also a massive pothead
- Tips on minimizing bad smells in your apartment, whether they're coming from you or your frequently-blazed neighbor