For BrickUnderground's annual rundown on whom and what you should be tipping this year check here, but if you can check off any of the items from the list below, you may want to give the relevant building staff just a wee bit more this year....
- You rent out your place on Airbnb (nope, still not entirely legal).
- You've got an unauthorized garbage disposal, washer/dryer, etc and the super looks the other way (so far)
- You or someone in your household puked in a public space this year.
- You live on the 28th floor, an intolerably long elevator ride to the curb for your not-quite housebroken and too-big-to-carry Labradoodle, Truffles.
- You are often running two minutes late to get the kids off the school bus, and the afternoon doorman has become a pseudo-nanny.
- You are renovating and you live above the super. Or next door to the board president.
- Your toilet needed to be snaked... twice.
- Your wife went in to labor at home and the porter accompanied her to the hospital and waited until you got there.
- You have an Amazon/eBay/Soap.com addiction and all those heavy boxes need to be carried up by someone.
- You're desperately waiting for a corner unit to open up, and you think the doorman's got the early intel.
- Your porter found you passed out in a drunken stupor outside your door and let you inside your apartment... twice.
BrickUnderground's 2012 Holiday Tipping Guide
Take BrickUnderground's 2012 'Naughty vs Nice' Holiday Tipping Poll
All 2012 Holiday Tipping Coverage
All 2011 Holiday Tipping Coverage
All 2010 Holiday Tipping Coverage
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.