Sure, you've prepped your financials, practiced your answers and prepared for the worst case scenario in your co-op board interview, but sometimes the best case scenario occurs, and they're bending over backward for you instead of the other way around. (This must happen sometimes, right?)
Here are 9 signs you've got this whole co-op board interview in the bag....
- You are team doctor for the Knicks and the board president's kid is wearing a Jeremy Lin t-shirt.
- The meeting ends with the board members telling you which dry-cleaner is the best in the neighborhood.
- You are the admissions director for a coveted nursery school and one of the board members has 2-year-old triplets.
- You own a neighborhood restaurant and the board asks to have the interview there.
- The recently-divorced co-op board treasurer had a huge crush on you in high school.
- The co-op board president brings out the good Scotch mid-way through the interview.
- The woman hosting the interview was in the same sorority as your wife and she answers the door with, "When did you last wear the yellow tea rose?"
- You are an orthopedic surgeon and instead of discussing your financials, the board members use the interview as an opportunity to get free medical advice.
- You are buying the board president's apartment and he did not recuse himself from the process.