Today marks the final column by Openthedoor-man, who has been filing biweekly on BrickUnderground for nearly two years. We are sad to see him go and wish him luck with his literary endeavors. We also urge any other NYC doormen with a knack for writing, an eye for detail and a yen to document life on the front lines to step forward and drop us a note.
In the meantime, in honor of today's final post, we've rounded up a few of our favorite dispatches from Openthedoor-man.
- Trouble selling? Cherchez le doorman
- If you think your trash is private, think again
- The care and feeding of a board member
- Yes, Virginia, we keep lists too
- Why renters fly second class
- I'm your doorman, not your bodyguard
- 7 holiday tipping rules for doormen & residents
- A doorman speaks--about your kids