So your cousins from Baltimore are flying in to NYC to dog-sit while you're on vacation? Here's some stuff you might want to hide before they get here....
- The glue traps (they won't understand)
- The bed bug traps under the bed legs (see above)
- The latest rent/maintenance bill (ditto, plus they'll think you must be rich)
- The Krug, not the red wine your client made himself and gave you for Christmas
- The handcuffs (unless you're a cop) and the only Rabbit your guests should see is the stuffed one on your daughter's bed
- Propecia and Rogaine
- Wellbutrin and Ambien
- Tooth whitening trays (and the bound book of naked pregnancy pictures you rest the case on)
- The screenplay/novel you have been working on since college
- Evidence of your second job as an Avon salesperson, even though you are a lawyer, just so you can afford to live here
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.