They left you for schools and space--but you know your formerly city-slicking friends are really drinking the Mt. Kisco (or Roslyn or Alpine or...) Kool-Aid when you hear them say things like....
- "It's not a crockpot, it's a slow-cooker!"
- "Can you believe there is a proposal to release the elementary school class size caps? I can't imagine more than 18 kids in a single classroom!"
- "You should see the new Minivans. They are so luxurious and you feel so good driving one."
- "I bought the cutest badazzled fleece the other day."
- "Love sitting on my back porch, looking at the trees, listening to the woodpeckers..."
- "I shot a woodpecker."
(Suggested response: "Step away from the slow-cooker... drop the keys to the Minivan... Step out of your Sorrell boots. You won't need them--much--where we are going. It's all going to be okay. You are coming back to the city with me!")
Veronica X. is a Canadian by birth, an Upper West Sider by nature, and an Upper East Sider by choice and circumstance. She has finally found an apartment big enough for her family, books, and shoes and is now in the process of renovating it.