Does a buyer in Manhattan need to use truth serum? No, just make sure the beloved nanny/housekeeper is around during your final walk through.
- The broker told you: “There is no known rodent problem.” Nanny says: "Oh we have 'em (mice) coming through here all the time!"
- The broker told you: “The washer/dryer comes with the apartment.” Nanny says: "The Mrs. wasn't supposed to have that but she was on the board and she made 'em."
- The broker told you: “The master bath was recently renovated with imported Italian tiles as well as dual temperature and water pressure control valves.” Nanny says: "They haven't used that shower in months because it's leaking."
- The broker told you: “The sellers are downsizing. “Nanny says: "They are getting divorced."
- The broker told you: “The sellers’ children are grown.” Nanny says: "Do you know anyone looking for a babysitter?"
Veronica X. is a Canadian by birth, an Upper West Sider by nature, and an Upper East Sider by choice and circumstance. She is presently looking to buy an apartment big enough for her family, her books, and her shoes - not necessarily in that order.
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.