Last Updated: November 6, 2022
The Site and Services are intended for use only by citizens and legal permanent residents of the United States of America residing within the United States of America 18 years of age or older. If you are not a member of the intended audience, you are prohibited from accessing the Site or using the Services.
Conflict Between this Policy and Laws and Regulations
Information We Collect
We collect information that personally identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”), which may include:
- Unique Identifiers such as name, social media profile name;
- Commercial Information such as characteristics of properties which you may be interested in purchasing/leasing, home improvement projects contemplated, newsletter subscriptions;
- Contact Information such as mailing address, email address, phone number;
- Employment and Professional Information such as employer, job title;
- Internet and Network Information such as IP address.
The specific Personal Information we collect about you may vary based on how you use the Sites and/or Services and your relationship with us.
Usage Data and Sites Activity
We may automatically collect information in connection with the actions you take on the Sites and Services (“Usage Data”). For example, each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect general information about your interaction with and use of the Sites and Services such as information about the device from which you are accessing the Site (e.g., browser type, IP address) and your interaction with the site (e.g., clicks, social sharing engagement). If this information is reasonably capable of being linked with you, we treat it as Personal Information under the category Internet and Network Information. If this information is not reasonably capable of being individually associated with you, we treat it as Usage Data.
We may retain the content of emails and or other written/electronic communications between you and us. By communicating with us, you consent to our recording and retention of communications.
How We Collect Information
We may ask you to provide us with Personal Information when you communicate with us (online or offline), use the Sites or Services, and at other times. You are not required to provide us your Personal Information; however, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Sites or Services or we may not be able to fulfill your requested interaction.
Cookies and Other Automated Tools
Information from Other Websites and Advertisements
If you arrive at the Sites or Services via an advertisement (e.g., banner ad), we may collect information regarding the advertisement with which you interacted and your interactions (e.g., item clicked, date, and time).
How We Use and Share Information
We use Personal Information for internal purposes, such as:
- Provide you with the Sites and Services,
- Consumer support: keep consumers and others informed about the status of the Sites and Services, respond to questions and address concerns, and deliver updates, upgrades, and product improvement information;
- Marketing and market research: to send communications and offers and place advertisements for our products and services or the products and services of others, perform analytics for market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of Personal Information;
- Other company communications: to provide information that may be of interest such as company newsletters, announcements, reminders, and service bulletins;
- Sites and Services use analytics: to analyze use of our Sites and Services, including by utilizing third-party web analytics services which may employ automated technologies to collect data (such as IP addresses and browser request location);
- Eligibility and pricing: to determine eligibility for certain products, services, or offers and the pricing related to such offers;
- Product research: to conduct research and analysis for maintaining, protecting, and developing our products and services, increasing and maintaining the safety and usefulness of our products and services, and preventing misuse;
- Business operations: to evaluate, develop, and improve business operations, products and services offered, perform business administration and other normal business activities;
- Compliance: to comply with applicable legal requirements, government requests, industry standards, contractual obligations, our policies, and take actions that we deem necessary to preserve and enforce our rights and the rights of others; and
- Information security and fraud prevention: to operate information security and anti-fraud programs.
We may establish a relationship with other businesses to provide services to us (“Service Providers”), including for:
- Provision of the Sites and Services;
- Facilitating marketing and non-marketing communications;
- Marketing design and development;
- Business analytics (both marketing and non-marketing related);
- Research and development of products and services;
- IT and network administration such as mobile application development, data storage and management, website hosting, and data security;
- Payment processing;
- Professional services such as legal and accounting;
- Collection of accounts; and
- Day-to-day business operations such as courier services, facilities management, and document destruction.
We only provide our Service Providers with the Personal Information reasonably necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. You may also be asked to provide Personal Information directly to a Service Provider. Each Service Provider is expected to use reasonable security measures appropriate to the nature of the information involved to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
Selling to Third Parties – Your Privacy Rights
We may sell your Personal Information to third-party companies for their direct marketing purposes. You may opt-out of this sharing by sending an email to [email protected] or by writing to us at Brick Underground LLC, 246 Fifth Avenue, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10001. In your correspondence with please include at least your name and email address and make clear that you would like to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information.
OTHER PRIVACY AND SECURITY PROVISIONS
We recognize the importance of safeguarding the confidentiality of Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration. Accordingly, we employ commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect such Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, and use. Even with these safeguards, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through our Sites or Services, you do so at your own risk.
Please be aware that third-party websites accessible through the Sites or Services will have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. We are not responsible for any actions, content of websites, or privacy policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties before providing information to them or accessing their websites.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate to respond to legal requests (including court orders, investigative demands and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of ourselves, consumers, or any other third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with law.
We may share Personal Information and Usage Data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us. If we are merged, acquired or sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and Usage Data in connection with such transaction.
How Long We Retain Your Data
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also retain your Personal Information for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended where there is an ongoing business need to retain it. This includes retention to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax, and/or accounting obligations.
The Sites and Services are not intended for children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete such information from our records.
California “Do Not Track” Disclosure
Do Not Track is a web browser privacy preference that causes the web browser to broadcast a signal to websites requesting that a user’s activity not be tracked. Currently, our Sites and Services do not respond to “do not track” signals.
If you have any questions about the Site, our Services, or the products we offer, please contact us using the information below or via our Contact Us form.
Brick Underground LLC
Email address: [email protected]