Share this Article
Nearly every new condo purports to make life easier for its would-be residents. But a new Brooklyn development slated for Red Hook called The Kingsland is raising the bar on ease. The 63-unit new project, to be unveiled soon by Trellex Companies, a San Francisco-based "real estate investment and lifestyle" firm making its first foray into the New York City market, is touting its mission to "hyper-streamline" New Yorkers' lives with an amped-up list of amenities.
Start with the floorplans for two types of duplex lofts that are presented with two types of finishes (see below): the Chic, a lacquered-white-wood confection with mahogany accents, and the Cocoa, a less specific (read: more accessible) option that mixes more cherrywood with the lacquer. Units—from studios to five-bedrooms—can be purchased fully furnished, and delivered with all pieces in place, at an extra cost; each buyer will have access to a "custom interior design concierge."
Now for the apartment amenities themselves: The typical 1400-square-foot one-bedrooms are outfitted with entertaining spaces with 19-foot-high ceilings, an open kitchen equipped with La Cornue Grand Palais model stoves—Forbes Magazine pegged their price three years ago at north of $40,000 apiece—and new-to-market Miele microwaves and refrigerators. Bathrooms are outfitted with heated slate floors and deep soaking tubs (programmable to draw a bath at specific times, thanks to the same engineers who created the Toto toilet).
But it's the building's amenities package that truly ups the ante. To wit:
• A private ferry from Red Hook to the Financial District
• A free shuttle through Battery Tunnel (tolls included) to downtown Manhattan subway stops
• A parking spot for each unit (the cost is baked into the asking prices) or a free ZipCar account (18 day-long rentals are included per year)
• A fitness center equipped with Alter-G treadmills for pain-free running training; personal trainers assigned to every unit
• Complimentary HBOGo login for all residents
• Afterschool programming for K-12 students available for free and programmed by Brill City Tutors
• A late-night Seamless (and snack) concierge who will provide to-your-door delivery until 3 am
• A private, residents-only Eli's in the ground-floor retail space
• A kiddie "day spa" for post-playground-trip cleanups (also available for birthday parties)
• An on-demand bartender and chef for your last-minute hosting needs
• Custom apartment catification—in other words, a service that makes your apartment cat-friendly with custom-designed cat towers—and a consultation with Animal Planet's Jackson Galaxy
Prices start at a low-for-the-market $300,000 for a 900-square-foot studio, to a $2.125 million for the five-bedroom penthouse with a 1000-square-foot outdoor space.