Anyone who's ever had to say goodbye to a beloved but space-wasting piece of furniture during a move to a new place (or play a glorified game of Tetris to maximize under-the-bed storage) knows that decorating a small apartment comes with, shall we say, a particular set of challenges.
Because we feel your pain (and because there's no better time to browse than on a gray, rainy Friday), we've rounded up some of the web's best decorating ideas for when you don't happen to have a penthouse (or a warehouse) at your disposal.
- Small Space Solutions (Refinery 29)
- 7 Stylish New Traditional Small Scale Sofas (Apartment Therapy)
- 22 Brilliant Ideas To Make a Small Space More Liveable (Buzzfeed)
- DIY Project: Peg Wall (Design Sponge)
- 20 Small Kitchen Storage Ideas (Freckled Laundry)
- Small Space Solutions (Elle Decor)
- 5 Small-Room Rules to Break (HGTV)
- 24 Ideas to Steal for Your Apartment (BHG)
More on BrickUnderground:
- Five untapped storage spaces hiding in your apartment
- Whip your closet space into shape for under $20
- Brighten up a long, dark hallway with a DIY facelift
- Free up hallway space with this sleek bike rack
- Short on closet space? Try the zig zag hook
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.