Anyone who's ever had to say goodbye to a beloved but space-wasting piece of furniture during a move to a new place (or play a glorified game of Tetris to maximize under-the-bed storage) knows that decorating a small apartment comes with, shall we say, a particular set of challenges.
Because we feel your pain (and because there's no better time to browse than on a gray, rainy Friday), we've rounded up some of the web's best decorating ideas for when you don't happen to have a penthouse (or a warehouse) at your disposal.
- Small Space Solutions (Refinery 29)
- 7 Stylish New Traditional Small Scale Sofas (Apartment Therapy)
- 22 Brilliant Ideas To Make a Small Space More Liveable (Buzzfeed)
- DIY Project: Peg Wall (Design Sponge)
- 20 Small Kitchen Storage Ideas (Freckled Laundry)
- Small Space Solutions (Elle Decor)
- 5 Small-Room Rules to Break (HGTV)
- 24 Ideas to Steal for Your Apartment (BHG)
More on BrickUnderground:
- Five untapped storage spaces hiding in your apartment
- Whip your closet space into shape for under $20
- Brighten up a long, dark hallway with a DIY facelift
- Free up hallway space with this sleek bike rack
- Short on closet space? Try the zig zag hook