10 signs summer is over in New York
Share this Article
While it's not officially fall yet, the sad reality is that, for the most part, summer is behind us. So cram the beach chairs and umbrellas into your storage locker, remove Blurred Lines from your Spotify starred list and accept the fact that fall is here, even if the temperature is supposed to hit 88 degrees this week.
Below, 10 telltale signs that your NYC summer has gone bye-bye:
1. Your hallway is finally quiet (and kid-free) at 2 p.m. during the weekdays.
2. Your ConEd bill is lower than your credit card bill.
3. Camp buses at 8 am and 5 pm are replaced by school buses at 7 am and 4 pm.
4. Your doormen have cut back on the crossword puzzles.
5. You start talking to your friends without beach houses/clubs again.
6. Scoring a hair dryer at Equinox is once again a blood sport...
7. ...while in the building gym, weekends are just as busy as weekdays now.
8. Open houses are on the weekend again--and they're even more packed.
9. You stop looking at Hamptons real estate porn and start looking at Manhattan real estate porn again.
10. You remember how lovely it is to live in New York City.
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.