Share this Article
Better bathrooms, more art, and how about a whole other apartment. Five New Yorkers share their home improvement fantasies!
- New tile I hate the tile in my bathroom it’s ugly and pink and old. I rent from somebody my family knows, so my dad has communicated to my landlord that we’d help with the labor if they provide the materials. I think it may happen this summer. If it happens I’ll be happy to get new tile, but now I’ve got to help with the work. -Ana, Bushwick
- Livelier walls I’d love to have more things on the walls: built-in shelves to display some things I’ve collected, and definitely more art. I love large-scale photography. I’d love to have one piece so large it covers an entire wall! And of course gallery lighting as well! - Len, Inwood
- Drain help At this point, all I want is for them fix the damn drain. I feel ickier coming out of the shower than I do before I get in. -Lisa, Bronx
- A place for plants and parties I love everything about my space, I get lots of light even though my room is so small. But, I wish I could have a little outdoor herb garden outside my window, especially now that it’s summer. I miss my garden at my parent’s house. Having a little bit of green makes such a difference. While we’re at it, I’d really love a balcony for planting -- and parties! -Bethany, Morningside Heights
- Another apartment The apartment beneath us is for sale. I wish I could buy it and make a duplex! I’d add a home office with a separate entrance and a laundry room and a room for watching movies. - Henrick, Upper West Side
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.