Share this Article
There's nothing like the reassuring hum of your a/c on a day when the city feels like a frying pan, but you can have too much of a good thing. You know you've cranked the cold air a little too much down when:
- You order matzoh ball soup for dinner
- Your boyfriend seems to have lost weight - down there
- Frost on the windows and mini-skating rinks on the houseplants after you have watered them
- The mice have grown in their winter coats
- Your ConEd bill is higher than your rent/maintenance
Veronica X. is a Canadian by birth, an Upper West Sider by nature, and an Upper East Sider by choice and circumstance. She has finally found an apartment big enough for her family, books, and shoes and is now in the process of renovating it.