So many NYC neighbor stories focus on the loud, disturbed, or disgusting. But it doesn't have to be that way. In fact, the person staring straight ahead in the elevator may just be the neighbor of your dreams...
Top 10 Neighbors We Wouldn't Mind Having
- Time Warner Cable executive (lighting fast Internet, no outtages)
- Board president who wants you to keep his pot habit secret from the rest of the building
- Doctor with a loose script pad - Z-Pacs and Klonopin for everyone!
- School admissions counsellor who just happens to adore your kids
- Vogue staffer with limited closet space (HELLO FREE CHANEL HANDBAGS)
- Hot person-of-desired-gender across the airshaft who undresses with the blinds up
- Food stylist and test chef for Food Network married to a wine distributor
- Madison Square Garden employee who can get you tickets to ANYTHING
- Toy distributor with access to high-demand BeyBlades
- An older couple who winters in Florida, summers in the Hamptons, and ask you to look in on their 2,000 square foot terrace once in awhile.
16 things I have learned since moving to NYC
7 things you need for your apartment that do not exist (yet)
15 ways to tell a real New Yorker from a poser
I am a New Yorker and I want my $19,000 back
9 things not to do to (or in) your apartment this spring
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.