BrickUnderground's post yesterday on how not to be a real estate agent prompted Michael DeRosa of Halstead Property to lobby for a sequel on How Not to Be an Obnoxious Buyer. We asked him for some tips, and he obliged:
- Don't waste the broker's time seeing the listing four times if you're not really interested in buying it.
- Don't lie about your qualifications - if you're serious about buying, we'll eventually find out.
- Don't make ridiculously low offers. If you're fishing for the bottom, you missed it.
- Don't tell me the market is much worse than we both know it is.
- Don't use up my time only to disappear without an explanation.
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.