A daily tour around the web through the eyes of a NYC vertical dweller.
- On Curbed, Jonathan Miller takes a look at NYC co-op/condo sales inventory trends post-Lehman, and compares pre-war and post-war numbers. Did you know that today is the two-year anniversary of Lehman’s bankruptcy? (Curbed)
- Are you preparing a musty apartment for an estate sale? Or maybe the cat box is starting to get to you? Real Simple tackles the issue. “The key to clean air is tackling the source of the smell, not its lingering effect. "There's a difference between an air freshener and an odor counteractant," says Jenny Botero, director of housekeeping operations for the Marriott International hotel chain. "Odor counteractants do more than mask a smell; they actually get rid of it." (Real Simple)
- Hide the tchotchkes!! The Apple, Peeled reminds would-be sellers that “once they make the decision to place their apartment on the market … the property is no longer theirs.” (The Apple, Peeled)
- Over on Brownstoner forum, a landlord expresses unhappiness about a tenant adding a roommate. “The tenant is not willing to include the girlfriend on the lease. Personally as the landlord, I do not believe it is fair. That another person is allowed to move into the apartment without any rent increase. There will be an increase in cost to me. How do u folks feel about it.” The folks feel the landlord should lighten up. (Brownstoner forum)
- Showtime’s House Tour is taking place on Saturdays through 10/23, with proceeds from the $15 price of admission benefitting Harlem Children’s Zone. Designers have been set loose in three penthouse apartments in mid-town’s Cassa Hotel and Residences. Looking at the slideshow on Apartment Therapy we’re not certain you’ll come away with many ideas for your own home, but the tour looks interesting nonetheless. (Apartment Therapy)