Share this Article
A daily tour around the web through the eyes of a NYC vertical dweller:
- Another launch, this one from our friends at Curbed! Curbed network founder Lockhart Steele tells the New York Observer "I've been telling people it's like Architectural Digest after a three-martini lunch.” Sounds like just the thing for this Friday afternoon. (NYO; Curbed National)
- Looking for something to spice up your apartment? Curbed reports “[t]he earthly possessions of the late Vanity Fair correspondent Dominick Dunne, including furniture, home accessories, Hollywood memorabilia and, yes, his beloved green Jaguar convertible, will be on the auction block Nov. 20. Stair Galleries, in Hudson, NY, will host.” We think a road-trip might be in order. (Curbed)
- The Apple, Peeled takes a look at the effect of today’s low interest rates on monthly home costs and concludes that they are “not too shabby a reason to pull the trigger, perhaps.” (The Apple, Peeled)
- MarketWatch doesn’t agree! After tallying up potential shadow inventory, they write: “[a]nyone who thinks that prices have bottomed in the Miami, New York, Los Angeles, or Chicago metro areas had better take a good, hard look at these statistics.” (MarketWatch)
- Is the auction of Dominick Dunne’s possession too far in the future for your needs? Or maybe you just feel like shopping this weekend? ApartmentTherapy provides a list of home-furnishing sales in the region. (ApartmentTherapy)
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.