Just in time for the holidays, we spotted this UrbanBaby discussion on how New-Yorkers-Without-Doormen bribe, connive and beg others into accepting deliveries in their absence.
“We don’t have a doorman, so super usually receives packages. If he doesn’t, old guy who likes to be in charge of everything gets them. Even delivers them to my door.”
Some other options:
- pay for a box at the local mailbox etc
- get it delivered to the office
- ask your neighbors
- make friends with the nearest newspaper stand guy
- use the co-op management office
- ask the drycleaner (Cost: holiday tip of a few hundred dollars)
- strike a deal with the commercial tenant that rents your groundfloor space
Brick Underground articles occasionally include the expertise of, or information about, advertising partners when relevant to the story. We will never promote an advertiser's product without making the relationship clear to our readers.