It’s all about the East Side in this week's Hot Dozen, the rental listings StreetEasy.com visitors clicked on over the past seven days more than any others. Whether you’re looking for your own personal studio apartment on the cheap in East Harlem, a shareable three-bedroom apartment in the East Village, or a luxurious historical jewel in Gramercy Park, the East Side has popular choices across price ranges.
Take the small but renovated studio apartment at 1777 Madison Avenue and East 117th Street for only $806. Although the apartment is a walk-up with less than 300 square feet, privacy and close proximity to the subway and Central Park could be worth the cramped quarters for renters on a budget.
A $3,100 three-bedroom apartment at 514 East 5th Street and Avenue A in the East Village has a relatively reasonable price and great location. It may be perfect for a few young professionals looking to share a basic apartment and willing to overlook bedrooms that seem a little on the small side.
Those living on larger paychecks may want to check out this $12,500 three-bedroom stunner at 1 Gramercy Park West and East 21st Street that is the pinnacle of luxury living in Manhattan. With marble fireplaces, crown molding, 14-foot ceilings, and a private terrace, you get what you pay for (and as it's a co-op rental, you'll have to be approved by the board).
For more of the most popular rentals of the week--from studios to three-bedrooms--consult the complete roundup below. For outside help, visit BrickUnderground’s Agent Referral Service, a free matchmaking program that will set you up with the right guide to help you find the right place.
- 325 West 45th Street and 9th Avenue - $1,250
- 300 West 12th Street and West 4th Street - $2,450
- 1777 Madison Avenue and 117th Street - $806
- 236 West 15th Street and 8th Avenue - $2,300
- 37 Spring Street and Mulberry - $2,000
- 746 9th Avenue and West 50th Street - $1,700
- 170 West 78th Street and Amsterdam Avenue - $3,450
- 124 MacDougal Street and West 3rd Street - $2,425
- 240 East 46th Street and 2nd Avenue - $3,000
- 1 Gramercy Park West and East 21st Street – $12,500
- 382 Central Park West and West 97th Street - $5,777
- 514 East 5th Street and Avenue A - $3,100