New Yorkers have people coming and going out of their apartments all the time - dog-walkers, babysitters, nannies, housekeepers.... If you are worried that someone is going beyond his or her job description, here are some helpful clues:
- Your husband insists that the smoking hot Brazilian au pair accompany you on all family holidays to warm destinations, thong bikini in tow.
- Your wife tells you that the dogs need to be walked twice a day, except when she has her period.
- The doorman winks at you when you get home and says, "The painter was here again today."
- The sitter brings her child to your child's birthday party and everyone remarks that they look like siblings.
- Your husband is in politics.
Veronica X. is a Canadian by birth, an Upper West Sider by nature, and an Upper East Sider by choice and circumstance. She has finally found an apartment big enough for her family, books, and shoes and is now in the process of renovating it.