Share this Article
As the first and only guarantor-for-hire, Insurent Lease Guaranty has helped thousands of renters score NYC apartments even after they flunk the strict income and employment requirements set by landlords.
Here's what you need to know in order to trade a lifetime of scary Craigslist sublist for your name on a lease instead:
1. Who can use Insurent?
So long as your credit record is decent to good, Insurent can help if you fall into one of these categories:
- Employed with an annual salary of at least 27.5x monthly rent (versus the 40-50x typically required by landlords)
- Non-U.S. person who is employed with minimum annual income of 27.5x the monthly rent or has cash liquid assets or marketable securities (here or abroad) of at least 50x the monthly rent [no U.S. credit required]
- Unemployed or retired U.S. resident with cash liquid assets or marketable securities of at least 50x the monthly rent
- U.S. and international student with a responsible party (normally a father, mother or relative) here or overseas who has a minimum annual income of 50x the monthly rent or has cash liquid assets or marketable securities equal to a minimum of 80x the monthly rent. (No U.S. credit required for international students.)
2. How much does it cost?
The average cost is about 80% - 90% of one month’s rent for US parties, and 110% if you are foreign with no U.S. credit.
3. How long will it take?
Insurent understands that speed is critical in a rental market as competitive as New York City. Insurent is faster and simpler than the normal guaranty process. Click here to apply online and find out whether you’re approved in about an hour; the guaranty is usually delivered to your landlord within 24 hours.
4. Which landlords take Insurent?
Insurent is currently accepted at about 1,200 NYC apartment buildings-- click here to find out which.
5. What if I have no U.S. credit history?
Insurent guarantees leases for U.S. and non-U.S. persons with no U.S. based credit history.