Artwork by Amanda Johnson
The NYC real estate game can be pretty addictive. And we understand that when you're looking to buy a place, you can think of nothing more than floorplans and costs per square foot.
But sometimes you need to take a time out.
Below, 8 signs your apartment search has gone a bit too far.
- StreetEasy.com is your homescreen.
- You use your Trulia app more than your SeamlessWeb app (or any other app for that matter)
- When people tell you where they live, you say, "Oh yeah, I know that building..." and proceed to list the number of units and average price per square foot.
- You read "Fifty Shades of Grey" and your first instinct is look up condos in Seattle to price out Christian's penthouse.
- While you dream, you discover extra rooms in your apartment you didn't know were there and wake up disappointed to realize you are still living in a Junior 4.
- You had your heart set on a pre-war on the Upper West Side but have expanded your search to rentals in Battery Park City.
- You've got your fake open house sign-in sheet phone number memorized.
- You have considered moving to the suburbs.