The song doesn't go "if you can make it here, you'll make it anywhere" because it's easy to live in New York. So what do you do when your slice of the Big Apple turns up with a worm in it? Pray that your apartment insurance is up to date. Below, courtesy of apartment insurance broker Gotham Brokerage, are 7 reasons New Yorkers need apartment insurance more than anyone else.
1. Mi casa is right over/under/beside su casa. Whatever creeps, creaks, overflows, or explodes will likely be your headache.
2. The Japanese toilet in your newly renovated bathroom was not designed for New York plumbing.
3. The super installed your chandelier and it came down Phantom-of-the-Opera-style during Thanksgiving dinner.
4. Maybe Airbnb wasn't such a great idea after all.
5. Having a doorman and leaving the apartment door unlocked is like using an expired condom. It will probably be okay, but every once in a while something is going to get through.
6. Bloomberg banned smoking basically everywhere except in our own beds. You know what happens when you smoke in bed, right?
7. Let's face it, the price is never right in NYC. To replace damaged or stolen goods, multiply your showcase showdown guess by an order of at least 3, or 5, or 10.
Gotham Brokerage Co., Inc., an insurance brokerage, has been serving NYC renters, co-op and condo owners for over 45 years. For a free quote, click on over to Gotham Brokerage or give them a call at 212-406-7300.
More from Gotham: