Share this Article
Despite the prevalence of cute mice (not to mention bed bugs) in children's literature, there is nothing cute about a real mouse in your real apartment. And by the way, if you live in an apartment building, you DO have mice and they will make their presence known eventually. Here are a few places real (funny) places real mice have been found...dead or alive.
- Alive: In the diaper bag (they like Cheerios as much as your kid does)
- Dead: In the mailbox, along with a letter informing you that your child got in to your first-choice G&T program
- Alive: On a glue trap, that also happens to be attached to a child's foot (mother who removed it calmly is better actress than Meryl Streep)
- Dead: Inside the inner workings of the stove (it took 4 weeks for the smell to go away completely but the brand-new new stainless steel Wolf dual fuel oven was well worth it)
- Dead: Sitting next to a Zhu Zhu pet (it died of a broken heart when its advances were rebuffed by Patches)
Veronica X. is a Canadian by birth, an Upper West Sider by nature, and an Upper East Sider by choice and circumstance. She has finally found an apartment big enough for her family, books, and shoes and is now in the process of renovating it.