Share this Article
BrickUnderground's post yesterday on how not to be a real estate agent prompted Michael DeRosa of Halstead Property to lobby for a sequel on How Not to Be an Obnoxious Buyer. We asked him for some tips, and he obliged:
- Don't waste the broker's time seeing the listing four times if you're not really interested in buying it.
- Don't lie about your qualifications - if you're serious about buying, we'll eventually find out.
- Don't make ridiculously low offers. If you're fishing for the bottom, you missed it.
- Don't tell me the market is much worse than we both know it is.
- Don't use up my time only to disappear without an explanation.