Share this Article
It's January in your Junior 4, where the walls are creeping closer all the time and spring is months away. It's time to hide the knives from the grownups when:
- You take your laptop to the bathroom just to work in a difference space.
- You have 100 takeout menus and nothing seems appetizing.
- You unfriend everyone on Facebook who has recently posted tropical-climate vacation pictures, and change your profile picture six times.
- You made 30 new iTunes playlists, dusted the baseboards, organized your income tax receipts by date, and finally removed the stray hair from the Ikea print you framed six years ago, and it's not even 10 a.m.
- You ordered an indoor trampoline and door swing from Amazon and paid for next-day delivery.
- A Phinneas and Ferb marathon is as welcome as Super Bowl Tickets.
- You envy your cat's ability to climb out on the icy fire-escape and prowl the rooftops.
- You are counting the minutes until you can go to work.
Veronica X. is a Canadian by birth, an Upper West Sider by nature, and an Upper East Sider by choice and circumstance. She has finally found an apartment big enough for her family, books, and shoes and is now in the process of renovating it.