The Real.Est List
NYC Real(i)ty Speak: Room with a view....sort of
It stands to reason that if you are paying the same amount for a NYC 2-bedroom as you would for a mansion in middle America, what you see when you look out is as important as what you see when you look in. Just make sure to see for yourself.
- "Park view" - Lean way over the tiny balcony railing and to observe a sliver of green between the buildings across the street (make sure someone holds on to your feet as you attempt this).
- "River view" - Catch a glimpse of the East River when the steam from the ConEd plant is blowing in the right direction.
- "Million-dollar view of the glittering Manhattan skyline for less than a million dollars" - Weehawken.
- "The Statue of Liberty beckons from every vantage point in this Battery Park gem" - Except when Zone A is evacuated due to flood warnings.
- "Treetop view" - You can see the grow-op on your shady neighbor's roof.
Veronica X. is a Canadian by birth, an Upper West Sider by nature, and an Upper East Sider by choice and circumstance. She has finally found an apartment big enough for her family, books, and shoes and is now in the process of renovating it.