Most New Yorkers know to give the super a little something extra when moving in as a goodwill gesture toward a future of speedy repairs and other assistance. You know your new next-door neighbor tipped really well when...
- Your super walks their 5 King Charles Cavalier Spaniels twice a day
- Ever since that unmarked box from Gracious Home got delivered, you don't see the neighbors in the laundry room anymore
- Your super knocks over the doorman to let your neighbors in and out of the building himself
- He also delivers their packages personally
- It's been two months of Saturday renovations next door and still counting
Veronica X. is a Canadian by birth, an Upper West Sider by nature, and an Upper East Sider by choice and circumstance. She has finally found an apartment big enough for her family, books, and shoes and is now in the process of renovating it.