New development, old tricks.
- Triathalon training facility Translation: Lap pool twice the length of your bathtub with a stationary bike nearby
- $2,000.00 per square foot new construction Translation: $1,500 per square foot resale less than 2 years later, if you're really lucky
- Luxury condominium living in the heart Brooklyn Translation: Proposed conversion of 'ghost towers' to affordable housing.
- Breaking ground in the fall (of 2009) Translation: It is fall of 2010 and the only thing broken are contracts.
- The M* is commited to this project for the next 25 years. Translation: Three weeks after you close, the m-i-r-a-v-a-l comes off the front of the building and you now live at 515 East 72nd, a spa-like building with no spa.
Veronica X. is a Canadian by birth, an Upper West Sider by nature, and an Upper East Sider by choice and circumstance. She is presently looking to buy an apartment big enough for her family, her books, and her shoes - not necessarily in that order.