Location, location, lo--really??
- "Close to world-class restaurants." Translation: Mouse problem.
- "Close to the subway." Translation: Rat problem.
- "The neighborhood has an international flavor." Translation: Bed bug problem.
- "Up-and-coming neighborhood." Translation: Muggings possible.
- "Emerging neighborhood." Translation: Muggings probable.
"Veronica X." is a Canadian by birth, an Upper West Sider by nature, and an Upper East Sider by choice and circumstance. She is presently looking to buy an apartment big enough for her family, her books, and her shoes - not necessarily in that order.
See more N.Y.C. Real(i)ty Speaks.